North American/Pelican Nebulae in Cygnus
First image is the raw image. The second has been enhanced with DDP. In the last image I used the pseudo-color feature of Maxim to give the nebula (and maybe a little bit more!) some color and editing out the blooming in the star on the lower left.
|Telescope||Nikon 180mm F2.8 ED Lens|
|Camera||Class 1 NABG ST-8E, Second cooling stage enabled (all images taken at -18C).|
|Camera Control Software||MaximDL/CCD 2.03 beta|
|Location||My light poluted yard in San Jose, California|
|Date||September 26, 1999|
|Sky Conditions||Medium transparency , moderate seeing.|
|Exposure||3 minutes with OIII filter.
|Image Resolution||Image was taken at 765x510 (2x2 binning)|
|Processing||All frames were corrected with bias, dark, and flat field frames. I suspect I needed a better flat frame because the background seems brighter on the right side of the image. For final processing I used MaximDl to add false color to the nebulae and then Photoshop 5 to edit out the blooming in the star on the lower left.|